Berkeley’s Department of Film & Media offers innovative, interdisciplinary programs leading to a B.A. in Film and a Ph.D. in Film & Media. It also provides curricular support for the Designated Emphasis in Film Studies for doctoral students in other departments. The Department teaches students to think historically, theoretically, and analytically about film and media within the broad context of humanistic studies. Students and faculty engage with all forms of moving-image culture, including film, still photography, television, and digital media. The Department also offers courses in screenwriting, curating, and digital video production.
- Linda Williams receives Distinguished Career Award from The Society for Cinema & Media Studies
- The Oscars? Mark Berger’s been there, won that
- George Larkin a winner in 57th Annual Samuel Goldwyn Writing Awards
- Read about Anne Nesbet, children’s book author!
- Weihong Bao joins UC Berkeley Faculty
- Welcome new graduate students!
- PFA Passes